Looking for a challenging warm-up move that will do wonders for opening up your hips and thoracic spine? Then you’ll want to add Groiners into your pre-workout routine!
Funny name, but an excellent mobility exercise that is great to do before a run, prior to a leg workout, or any time you’re looking for a dynamic warm-up to get the blood flowing.
How to do Groiners:
– Start in a push-up position with narrow hand width and a tight midsection
– Jump both feet up simultaneously as close to the hands as possible
– Pause for a couple seconds, holding a proper deep squat position while taking in a deep breath or two
– Jump the feet back to the starting position
– Repeat for 10-12 total reps
If you are a beginner and struggle with getting both feet up to the hands, start with getting one leg up at a time into a deep lunge position. Hold for a couple of seconds and then jump that leg back before repeating on the other side. Shoot for 8-10 reps per side.